Peach season is waning as frost begins nipping at trees and days grow shorter. But you can use this recipe year-round using out of season peaches from elsewhere found in your grocery store’s produce department. This is a wonderful recipe from the Amish Cook’s archives for homemade peach strudel and one of our readers decided to try it out. Looks yum! Below is the recipe.
- 6 or 8 fresh peaches, peeled & sliced
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Layer peaches in greased square 8” inch baking dish
- Sprinkle cinnamon & half cup sugar over fruit.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in egg until crumbly.
- Spread mixture over peaches and bake at 350 for one hour or until crust is brown.