By Kevin Williams
This is a recipe that comes to us from the Daviess County, Indiana Amish community. Stoll is a common last name there. You also see the Stoll surname quite a bit in the Amish community of Aylmer, Ontario.
This is an ultimate comfort food meal. Karen P. tested the dish for us and here is what she had to say about it:
And now here is the star of the show, the recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 /3 cup canned milk
- 1 /2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 /2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 /4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- Mix all together i a bowl and shape into a loaf.
- Place in center of a 9 X 13 pan.
- Wash and chop into chunks: 3 potatoes, 3 onions, 3 carrots
- Place veggies around meat in pan. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and parsley.
- Cover thightly with foil. Bake 1 hour at 375.
- Uncover and bake 20 more minutes.