Hmmmm, one of our intrepid readers – Steve Jones – tried Lovina’s lemon bar recipe and took a beautiful photo. But then he decided to get creative and turn them it into lime bars. Oooh, that sounds good! The first picture is Steve Jones’s lemon bars using Lovina’s recipe and then look what happens when he “limes’ them! The “lime bar” recipe has been posted below using Steve’s adaptations. Thank you to Steve, owner of Sjlarue Photography for those beautiful shots!
PHOTOS: LEMON BARS TURN TO LIME!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 /4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 / 2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 1 /2 tablespoons lime juice
- the zest from one lime
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
- one drop of lime-colored (green) food coloring
- In a small bowl, combine flour, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Press into 8 X8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and baking powder.
- Pour over crust and bake 20 -25 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.