Amish Cook: Strawberry Shortcake Cups
Author: Strawberry Shortcake Cups
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPS
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 1 /2 cups flour
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 /4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 /2 cup milk
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Mash or slice the strawberries; place in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons sugar, mix and set aside.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and milk.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill eight greased muffin cups 2 /3 full.
- Bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, split shortcakes in half horizontally.
- Spoon berries and whipped cream between layers and over top.
Leave a Reply