Amish Cook: Asparagus Egg Casserole
A yummy way to use those spring asparagus!
Author: Amish Cook
- ASPARAGUS EGG CASSEROLE
- 2 cups fresh cooked asparagus
- 4 eggs, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 /4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Bread crumbs, 2 – 3 slices crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Place eggs in the bottom of greased casserole dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain asparagus and reserve 1 cup of juice (water asparagus was cooked in).
- Place drained asparagus on top of eggs.
- In a saucepan melt butter and then mix in flour.
- Add milk and 1 /2 cup asparagus juice.
- As the mixture begins to thicken add the rest of the juice.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour the thick sauce over the eggs and asparagus.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Add bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 until bread crumbs are toasted.
Dear Lovina, I love reading your column ~ it is a relaxing time for me and I feel like I must know you!! Your days sound so full of activities, but that makes life enjoyable. It also lets one sleep well at night. My prayers for the lady that lost her husband, may the Lord lift her up in her sorrow. Thank Kevin for the great job that he does on your site ~ he always keeps up to date with links, etc. The two of you produce a very enjoyable web site!! My best to you and your wonderful family, Colleen