Amish Cook: Asparagus Egg Casserole
A yummy way to use those spring asparagus!
Author: Amish Cook
- ASPARAGUS EGG CASSEROLE
- 2 cups fresh cooked asparagus
- 4 eggs, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 /4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Bread crumbs, 2 – 3 slices crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Place eggs in the bottom of greased casserole dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain asparagus and reserve 1 cup of juice (water asparagus was cooked in).
- Place drained asparagus on top of eggs.
- In a saucepan melt butter and then mix in flour.
- Add milk and 1 /2 cup asparagus juice.
- As the mixture begins to thicken add the rest of the juice.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour the thick sauce over the eggs and asparagus.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Add bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 until bread crumbs are toasted.