This is a common recipe served at Amish weddings. If you are looking for a hearty Sunday supper, maybe you can consider this! Of course Amish cooks will make this in massive quantities for a wedding. This recipe seems to be most common among the Amish of northern Indiana.
Serves: serves 6
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 c. soda cracker crumbs
- 2 c. milk
- 1 sm. onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of water
- 1 can mushrooms (may also use fresh)
- Mix meat, crumbs, ,milk, onion and spices together.
- Pat down firmly in cake pan in square cake pan let set overnight.
- Cut into serving size squares, roll in flour, and brown on both sides (in margarine or butter)
- Set in baking dish and cover with mixture of soup, water and mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 for 90 minutes.