What do you do with those excess melons? Those fresh melons that you ate with such zeal a month ago are starting to taste a bit bland. But we know we should be enjoying them because there’s just not a good way to preserve them for eating-out-of-season. So if you’ve exhausted your fresh melon appetite, and even been through the whole “melon smoothie” stage, try this fresh cantaloupe salsa. It’s great served as a chip dip, but you can use it in place of tomato salsas as a topping for all sorts of meals, burritos or sandwiches.
Sweet Melon Salsa
- SWEET MELON SALSA
- 1 1 /2 cups of finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 /2 large green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Leave a Reply