Strawberry season is in full swing and that means shortcakes, jams, ice cream and even strawberry bread! This strawberry bread is a favorite among Amish cooks and is a great bread: moist, sweet, but not over-poweringly so. Have it as a breakfast bread with a cup of coffee and it's Heaven! Yum! Thank you to Steve Jones for this great photograph
Here is the recipe:
Easy Homemade Strawberry Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1⅔ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries (fresh or lightly drained frozen)
- ½ cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.
- Add the oil, sugar, vanilla and almond extract tot he eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the oil mixture and stir until just barely moistened.
- Add the strawberries and nuts and lightly mix, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 minutes to an hour.
Leave a Reply