By Kevin Williamse
This is a hearty and easy recipe from an Amish woman in Buchanan County, Iowa. Very typical farmhouse supper that you can sort of just pile on your plate.
Reader Anita was nice enough to give this recipe a test drive for us. Here is what she had to say:
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 /4 cup butter
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs*
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 /2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 /2 cup diced ham
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 /4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1 /2 cups milk, scalded*
- A sprinkle of Paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Add butter and toss until coated.
- Add remaining ingredients except paprika,
- Mix well.
- Turn into 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika,
- Bake at 325 for 40 to 45 minutes