By Kevin Williams
This is another recipe from Oklahoma Amish cook Freda Yoder. She shares a delicious recipe for homemade "buttery cornbread." Yum....love a buttery cornbread soaked in a good bean soup. Nothing worse than a dry,crumbly cornbread. This recipe is a good one so give it a try! Freda writes that they make this recipe using locally made cornmeal, which I am sure enhances the flavor. But you can use any kind.
- 3 /4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⅔ cups milk
- 1 3/ 4 cup flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 4 1 /2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Mix together eggs and milk.
- Separately, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg and cornmeal mixtures alternately to first mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until done.