By Kevin Williams
Not sure about this recipe that I got from a very local cookbook published in the Amish settlement of Plain City, Ohio. Ham and spaghetti? I'm trying to turn that combination over in my head. I mean, I guess it isn't a huge stretch. People often make meatballs out of sausage and pair it with spaghetti and ham comes from the same animal. Just trying to imagine pairing the flavors of ham and spaghetti, guess you'll have to try it and see!
My Dad is a pretty tough critic on food, but he really really liked this one. So take a look at the photos and recipe below and enjoy!
- 16 ounces of spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (10. 5 ounce) cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3 /4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese
- Pour into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes until browned and heated through.
- Serves 8 to 10.