Captions: Aster tries out a spoon and delights in playing with her Mom's hair on a windy day.
I can't believe our little girl turned 10 months old yesterday! She's growing every day (she certainly didn't get her height from me or her mother, but at this rate, she'll be high school basketball team material someday) and has pretty much mastered crawling and is beginning to test out those cool things called "feet" more and more. Jabbering is gradually becoming interspersed with more and more words like "uh-oh" and "daddy." (she's been partial to "mommy", though for a long time).
1) I can now do almost anything one-handed (while the other arm hoists Aster around)
2) I've learned that four or five hours of solid sleep can be very satisfying.
3) Just when I think we have her nap schedule and routine down, she switches it up on us.
4) I love her little two-tooth smile.
5) Time really does seem to speed by extra fast once you have a baby.
Of course there are other things I've learned. I don't think I'd ever use anything other than cloth diapers. They are more environmentally friendly and I'm grateful to not have to buy diapers.
One reader emailed me yesterday and said now that Aster is 10 months old we need to be turning our attention to having Baby #2. Um....I love Baby #1, but I'm thinking I still have more to learn before going down that road! Anyway, happy 10 months to a wonderful daughter!