Okay, if you're like me this weekend after Thanksgiving your still stuffed and have had your fill of pumpkin pie. We can't ignore, though, the upcoming holiday and food-filled weeks. Pumpkin is always a favorite this time of year, but how about trying it in cookies instead of pie? These cookies are very pumpkiny and moist. This photo is of the cookies before frosting is applied. Add some of your favorite frosting and these are some mighty find pumpkin cookies! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup shortening or oleo
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups flour
- * Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening, sugar and pumpkin. Add rest of ingredients.
- * Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool and frost if desired.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.