By Kevin Williams
I actually posted a recipe for a peanut butter banana cake a few weeks ago and it was...fair...I mean, I liked it...but it wasn't pretty, the recipe was a little tough to follow and I ended up being the only one in the house to really eat it. But our friend Jessica made a peanut butter banana cake over the weekend and Rachel LOVED it (I've never met a cake I didn't like, so her reaction is the gold standard)
So if you are like me and you like peanut butter and banana but want a cake that is a bit prettier than the one I made and a lot better tasting, then this is your ticket! But we can still call it "Elvis Cake." I think the King would give this cake his seal of approval!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- two smashed bananas
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup water 3 eggs.
- two sticks of softened butter
- 1.5 pounds powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup soy (or regular) milk.
- Mix on high til well mixed.
- Add milk or powdered sugar a little at a time if you desire thinner or thicker frosting.
- CAKE: Mix until well blended.
- Add a little more water if needed to be pourable.
- Baked at 350 in 9x13 pan but it took slightly longer than the box directions.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.