By Kevin Williams
It was so warm yesterday that I overheard someone suggesting they go home and throw some hamburgers on the grill outside. Crazy to have temperatures in the 60s in Ohio in February. So, just in case the warm weather wants to stick around for awhile, and you want to "throw some burgers on the grill", might as well throw some extra juicy ones on. Check out this recipe from an Old Order Mennonite woman in Virginia!
- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 /3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 /3 cup milk
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 small onions, chopped
- Combine hamburger, bread crumbs, and milk.
- Shape into patties and brown in a skillet.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for several minutes.
- Pour over the burgers and bake for 1 hour at 350.
- Serve warm on buns.