Memorial Day Picnic Recipe: Amish Creamy Cole Slaw
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 /2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- green peppers
- tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 /3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salad dressing
- Mix first 5 ingredients, toss together well in a big bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, stir dressing ingredients together.
- Stir dressing into Cole slaw ingredients.
- Top with shredded cheese. Chill and serve.
This recipe comes to us from Vanceburg, Kentucky's small Amish settlement. Sounds like a perfect picnic recipe for someone planning a holiday weekend gathering and wants to serve Cole slaw. Sounds like a simple but flavorful recipe: