By Kevin Williams
I’m not sure like the term “filling”, I think of the creamy fluffy found in a whoopie pie when I hear that term. But the Amish of Lancaster County must call what we’d call dressing filling. At least I’d call this dressing. Definitely learning some interesting regional variations while going through my Lancaster County cookbook. I assume when the recipe calls for 1 can of mushroom soup it means “cream of mushroom soup.” Okay, enjoy!
Serves: 4 chops
- 4 pork chops
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 /4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 /4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons onion, chopped
- 1 /4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 /3 cup water
- Brown chops on both sides and place in shallow baking dish.
- Lightly mix bread cubes, onion, butter, 1 /4 cup water and seasoning.
- Place a mound of filling on each chop.
- Blend soup and 1 /3 cup water and our over chops and filling.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour uncovered.