Welcome "RecipeLion" visitors! I hope you take time to explore and enjoy! To find out more either explore or visit "About The Amish Cook."
Also, sign up for our 3-times-a-week e-newsletter (right side of the page) and you'll receive recipes, Amish information, and our columnists The Amish Cook, Plain Kansas, and Teacher Mahlon right in your emailbox! - Kevin Williams, Editor
Since we are mid-way through the summer picnic season I thought I'd post this reader favorite recipe. Comes from an Amish woman in Navarre, Ohio and, wow, is it a family favorite here. Just an easy, delicious salad. It tastes as good as it looks in this photo. Yum!
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine the chopped broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, and salt to make a creamy dressing.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli–cauliflower mix, stirring to evenly coat the vegetables.
- Stir in the bacon and the cheese, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of the salad just before serving.