This is a comfort food classic that utilizes seasonal vegetables. The green beans, tomatoes, and potatoes are all in season now so it's a great way to use them together. We like it because it's so simple; we never have to look at the recipe! We just dump a package of beef, a couple of quarts of the veggies and top with leftover mashed potatoes!
Rosanna Recipe: Easy Homemade Shepherd's Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 /2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups or 1 can tomato soup
- 2 cups or 1 can green beans
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste (we use 1 teaspoon garlic)
- 2 cups shredded or sliced cheese
- Brown the beef with the onion, stir in tomato soup and pack into a loaf pan.
- Pour beans over meat mixture and top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 until warmed through, about 30 minutes.
- When warm top with shredded or sliced cheese.
Leave a Reply