Okay, continuing the season theme this past week of pumpkin, pumpkin, and more pumpkin, I am going to share a DELICIOUS and easy recipe that is a favorite in Amish homes this time of year: pumpkin coffeecake. It is really good, just makes sure you have a box of yellow cake mix on hand and some pumpkin. Try it! This is a photo courtesy of one of our recipe testers. Yum!
AMISH SOUR CREAM PUMPKIN COFFEECAKE
Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffeecake
- 1 package yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 C. canned pumpkin
- 1 C. sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ¼ C. granulated sugar
- ¼ C. water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 T. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix, pumpkin, sour cream, eggs, sugar, water and 1-½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. In small bowl, combine reserved cake mix, brown sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon pie spice. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack. Turn right side up. Cool completely.
- Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Linda from KY
That looks so good and easy. I think I'll make it for the Ladies' Brunch at church next Saturday. I needed something that I can make aheadh, and this pumpkin coffee cake seems to fill the bill.
Hope it turns out well, it's a yummy cake!:)
Linda from KY
It turned out great! Several ladies at the brunch asked me for the recipe. Thank you for posting it. It's definitely a winner! 🙂
"Pour into pan ". ? It looks like it was baked in a Bundt pan. Doesn't say. I would rather use a 9X13 pan. Shorter cooking time? Never mind. It does state tube pan.
Funny that you posted this one..last week I used this recipe! I baked it in cupcake form and sold them at the store. They were a hit..but not the big hit like the pumpkin fudge. I have made 6 batches of it and sold out each time.
I would love to have a copy of the recipe for your pumpkin fudge if you would be so kind to share it with me. I searched on this website for the recipe, but didn't find one. Thank you.