Potlucks are as much as part of Amish culinary life as pasta is to the Italian menu. Nothing better than a carry-in supper to share with the whole church congregation where fellowship and good food can be enjoyed. The week of August 11 - 16, there will be a daily posting of potluck favorites. The first one comes from an Amish woman in Pennsylvania and it captures that state's PA Dutch roots! Enjoy!
Summer Potluck Series:
- CHICKEN CORN NOODLE CASSEROLE
- 1 package (8-ounces) heavy noodles
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 can (8-ounces) creamed corn
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped pimentos or red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease or spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking oil spray.
- Cook noodles per package directions for al dente; drain well.
- Beat together the eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, corn, celery, onion and pimentos.
- Blend into the noodles.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let set about 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply