Classic Amish Taco Soup
A delicious winter day recipe!
- ¾ pound hamburger browned and drained
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small can black or pinto beans
- 1 cup salsa mild, medium, or hot
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
Fry hamburger until no longer pink, drain. (Add onions last several minutes of frying to saute lightly.)
Sprinkle with flour and stir well.
Now add tomato juice and broth, stirring to heat.
Add rest of ingredients and heat to boiling.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with corn chips and a dollop of Ranch Dressing.