By Kevin Williams
Slow cookers (or Croc-Pots by the brand name) are not overly popular in Amish kitchens for one main reason. Any guesses? If you said it's because most Amish don't have electricity, you are correct. Still, there are a handful of Amish churches (Oakland, Maryland; Hutchinson, Kansas; Crofton, KY) that do allow electricity and in these homes slow-cookers are popular. An Amish homemaker can feed a whole family with a slow-cooker meal, stick it in the pot, and then go on her with the business of the day.
But this recipe proves that not all slow-cooker creations are entrees, you can do dessert also. Reader Penny shared this one with us, take a look at this delicious croc-pot cake. Wow.
- 1 box chocolate devils food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 oz of fluff marshmallow spread
- ½ cup water
- Mix all ingredients and place into buttered crock pot. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Cook on high setting for 2½ hours or until cake is set.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows before serving.
Leave a Reply