I have had the good fortune to visit Amish and Mennonite settlements across the USA and Canada. I've sipped huckleberry milkshakes with Amish in Montana, eaten blueberry bread with Amish in Maine, and gotten recipes for alligator nuggets from Mennonites in Florida. Amish and Mennonite culture is a rich tapestry of culture and food and I want to share the tastes and travels that I've experienced. So enjoy our state by state guide below!
You can also check out my ultimate list of Amish Communities I've visited here. This includes specific town/community names.
The Best in Amish Markets
In my travels one of my favorite things to do is visit Amish and Mennonite-owned businesses. Whether it is a bent N dent, a produce stand, a dry goods store, a garden center or, best of all, a bakery, these businesses allow for a genuine cultural experience and chance to make some new Amish and Mennonite friends!
Amish In The News
The Amish would actually prefer to stay out of the news in keeping with their low-key lifestyle. But you'd be surprised how often they do make the headlines from the Amish and voting to buggy accidents to recipes that find their way onto the news. Check out some of the newsy happenings here!
More from Amish in the News →
The Amish make some super products and we love to share those with you on Amish365.com. You can get amazing canned relishes, baked goods, and clothing if you know where to look!
- Amish Amazon: Wanda Brunstetter's Breakfast Crunch Recipe, Farmhouse Cookbook, Amish Raisin Pie Filling, and Much More!
- Amish Etsy: Amish Door Cinnamon Rolls, A Mennonite Cookbook, and More!
- Amish Etsy: Brown Bag Apple Pie, Amish Peach Butter, Hand-Made Wagon, and More!
- Amish Etsy: King's Homemade Jam, Amish Cinnamon Bread, Skid-Loader, and More!
- Amish Amazon: Yoder, Kansas Cookbook, Chickweed Salve, Health Tonic, and More!
What Would The Amish Do?
This are how to's, lifestyle tips and suggestions for living from the Amish. expand on this
More from Daily Amish Life →
The Weekly Amish Cook Column
Explore The Amish By Community
Weekly from The Amish Cook →