1. Mix together, one ingredient at time:
- 5 eggs
- 5 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups butter
- 3 cups milk
2. In a separate bowl, next mix together:
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 4 cups all purpose flour
3. Add 3 tsp. baking soda dissolved in ½ cup hot water and 2 tsp. vanilla to the dry mix. Blend.
4. Combine the dry and wet mixtures and blend. Add more flour as needed (should be around 8 cups) until dough is the right consistency for cookies.
5. Drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet. You can also roll it out using enough flour on the board so it rolls nicely.
6. Bake for 12 min at 400 degrees F, or until cookies turn brown.
Do you know how these cookies got their name? Maybe because the recipe makes a lot?