By Kevin Williams
The Amish are no different than anyone else when it comes to seasonal food traditions. Like most people, cranberries show up on Amish tables about once a year: Thanksgiving.
This is a popular cranberry salad that the Amish Cook included in her column and it earned rave reviews from recipe tester Barbara.
Here is what Barbara had to say:
"Oh my heavens this is a fabulous cranberry salad. Wow, this is an an amazing recipe, not too sweet, not too tart. Mr had for his dessert after supper tonight. "
Also, remember to drain the crushed pineapple before mixing with the orange, apple, and cranberries that have been ground up.
Amish Cranberry Salad
- 1 box strawberry jello
- 1 box black raspberry jello
- 3 cups boiling water
- 5 unpeeled apples
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 orange peeled
- 1 20- ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup white sugar
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Then add cold water.
- Grind apples,cranberries, and orange.
- Add crushed pineapple and sugar.
- When jello begins to thicken add fruit and mix well.
Leave a Reply