Yummmm, nothing beats homemade snickerdoodles. These simple, tasty cookies were made by my mother-in-law the other day and I gladly sampled some. Below is an Amish recipe.
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup Crisco solid shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1-½ cups sugar
- 2-¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- * Mix first four ingredients thoroughly.
- * Presift the next 4 ingredients together. Add to the first mixture.
- * Form balls (walnut size). Roll into mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- * Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Cookies will flatten into circles as they cook. Store well in sealed container.