By Kevin Williams
Bacon is a favorite of many these days as the pork makes its way into sweets as well as savories. This Amish cook in Oklahoma came up with a way to have a hearty casserole and her bacon too! Instead of a bread-crust type bottom she uses, bacon! So for bacon lovers, give this Amish classic a try!
- • 1 /2 pound bacon
- 1 1 /2 pound hamburger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 5-6 potatoes, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Cover the bottom of a 2 quart casserole with strips of bacon.
- Press ground beef on top of bacon.
- Follow with sliced onions and carrots.
- Sift flour over carrots and add sliced potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour one can over soup over all.
- Cover and bake at 375 until veggies are tender, about 1 1 /2 hours