By Kevin Williams
This recipe was sent to me by a Mennonite woman. And that's all I know. The top half the paper is sheared off somehow and the years have made the paper rather dog-eared, but the recipe itself is intact so I figure why not share it? They sound really tasty. You can use your own homemade cake mix or cheat and use boxed.
There's really not much to this recipe, but I bet the cookies are yummy and "cakey." This one is definitely on my "try" list soon:
Related Recipes: Amish Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, Daniel's Favorite Molasses Crinkles
The recipe below calls for boxed cake mix, BUT, many Amish cooks have their own homemade mixes on hand, check out recipes for for these mixes here!
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3 /4 cups cool whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix cake mix , eggs, and Cool Whip until well blended.
- The dough will be stiff.
- Refrigerate dough, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar to coat.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are puffed in appearance and firm on the edges (centers will still be slightly soft)
- Let cookies rest on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Cookies will fall giving them a cracked appearance.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack with metal spatula and cook completely.
Leave a Reply