By Kevin Williams
This is one of these recipes that you can’t really go wrong with. It checks all the boxes as far as I am concerned: boxed cake mix, cherry pie filling, butter,and it’s quick. Now I’d probably have used a can of blueberry pie filling if it had been up to me. We made this cake over a campfire at a recent gathering, but you can make it at home in your oven just as easily.
- 2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread pie filling in baking dish. Top with dry cake mix; gently shake pan to distribute evenly. Pour melted butter over top, tilting pan to cover as much of top with butter as possible.
- Bake 42 to 45 minutes or until mostly dry on top and bubbly around edges. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.