Amish Blueberry Cake
A sumptuously moist cake bursting with blueberries!
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ c. milk
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c. blueberries, well drained
- ¼ c. butter
- ½ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Cream together sugar, oil and egg until lemon colored.
- Stir in milk.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and stir into creamed mixture.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9x9 square pan.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 375*
Kevin, I just printed this out---great recipe---you're going to keep me busy for sure!
Dear Kevin, thanks for giving us the new PRINT option. Really like it.
I made this a few weeks ago and it was a bit hit, making it again tonight! Delicious!
The double blueberry cake sounds wonderful. I am going to make it when we get to Lancaster PA. We are traveling in a motor home for the summer. My husband is from Lancaster PA and we are headed back there to visit family, celebrate our 3rd anniversary, and get one if his 10 tractors drop it off at home in Decatur, IL then heading out to Montana. I LOVE YOUR SITE!!!! Love the plain life of the Amish.
Thanks, Debra,sounds like a Heavenly summer, all that road travel, I love it! Where are you going in Montana?