By Kevin Williams
Potato dishes like this are crowd-pleasers among the Amish. They are easy to white up and a starch-filled favorite for feeding a large group of people.
Recipe tester Barbara tried this for us last night and had this to say about it:
"Pretty simple to make and very tasty. I quartered the potatoes, next time will do in slices. Was concerned there were no seasonings, but the ranch and bacon took care of that."
Of course, some Amish communities rely on the iconic spud more than others. The Amish communities in Maine grow a lot of potatoes - a lot - and the potatoes will find their way into everything. But most Amish communities rely on potatoes to come degree or another. So, enjy this amazing recipe!
Amish Ranch Potato Casserole
- 8 medium red potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup bacon fried & crumbled
- 2 Tbs. minced parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes crushed
- ½ cup butter melted
- Cook potatoes until tender. Slice or quarter leaving skin on. Put into greased 9x13 pan. Combine sour cream, dressing, bacon, parsley and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour over potatoes and mix gently. Top with ½ cup shredded cheese. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
AND HERE ARE 5 MORE POTATO RECIPES FROM SKILLET POTATOES TO ROLLS!
Leave a Reply