By Kevin Williams
Looking for an easy last minute Amish-inspired party dish? Yes, sometimes even plain cooks cut corners especially when time is a factor. This recipe comes to us from an Amish woman in Oklahoma named Esther Yoder. Enjoy!
Esther Yoder's Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
Serves: 12 rolls
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 /4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll directions.
- Crumble and brown the sausage, drain and return to stove.
- Over low heat, add the cream cheese and stir until mixed with the sausage.
- Remove from heat.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate them.
- Place a tablespoon of meat and cheese mixture near the wide end of the roll.
- Roll up and seal.
- Place onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake according to package directions, about 9 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to coll slightly before eating as the filling will be hot!
- To reheat, wrap in foil and heat in slow oven (300) for 6 minutes
I have made these many times and they are delicious
I think the recipe sounds not only delicious but easy!
Happy New Year Kevin to you and your family and also to the Amish that contribute to your web site.
I felt sorry for the former Amish woman that broke an old historic iron bridge.