But that is not the recipe shared here, I don't have a picture of it. There are dozens and dozens of different chicken recipe I've collected over the years.
This one comes to us from Cherry Creek, New York. Sounds amazing. But you be the judge.
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- ⅓ c. butter
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 8 or 9 pieces chicken
- Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375 degree oven
- to melt butter, set aside.
- In a large paper sack combine dry ingredients. Roll
- the chicken pieces 3 at a time in butter and oil then drop into a sack and
- shake to cover.
- Place on a plate until all pieces are coated.
- Leave any excess
- butter and oil in pan.
- Place chicken in the pan skin side down or its just as
- good if you remove all the skin first.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
- with spatula, turn chicken pieces over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or
- until crust begins to bubble.