By Kevin Williams
This recipe comes to us from a Beachy Amish Mennonite man in far SE Georgia. Wow, I'd love to visit with him at his farm someday, because he has his family raise pecans, Vidalia onions, sweet potatoes, and all sorts of southern specialities. He states that "this makes a nice gift when place in a clear glass or plastic container with a top and tie a ribbon around it."
Sounds like the perfect gift for someone who likes a little crunch!
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 /2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Georgia pecan halves
- Whisk first five ingredients until well blended.
- Then add pecan hales and stir gently until well coated and then place on a large rimmed baking pan that has been greased.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 250 then using a metal spatula remove from bottom of pan, turn over, and bake an additional 15 minutes until crisp.
- Cool, then place in an airtight container or freeze.