By Kevin Williams
This is a recipe that originally ran almost 3 years go in The Amish Cook and, man, it looks like a perfect one for upcoming New Year's Eve gatherings. It is the funnily named "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" dip. Gloria wrote in her column that:
the biggest problem I have sharing the recipe with you is that I just dump some stuff together until it tastes about right so I don’t’ have an exact recipe I’ll give you a little outline and your taste buds can guide you the rest of the way. Other delicious items that I add sometimes are mushrooms, pepperoni slices, liquid smoke, green chilies, or whatever else I may have in the fridge! Serve with chips or crackers of your choice!
- 1 /2 pound bacon, fried and cut into small pieces
- 1 pound hamburger fried with salt and pepper
- 1 /2 pound cheese such as Velveeta
- 8 ounces salsa or taco sauce
- 1 /2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 /2 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 /2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook the bacon and brown the hamburger. And then mix it all together.