This was a DELICIOUS pie that I sampled recently at an Amish event. They had all the pies packaged in plastic clam-shells and neatly marked as to what flavor they were.
When I saw chocolate mocha, that got my interest up! I had not seen that particular flavor at any Amish gatherings in the past.
I asked an Amish woman about the pie and she was nice enough to give me her recipe, which she said came from her Uncle Abe's family. Enjoy!
- 1 baked pie crust or graham cracker crust
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ c. milk
- ¼ c. cold water
- Broken pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 tsp. instant coffee
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1 package Dream Whip
- Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, salt, coffee, and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin water.
- Cool until starting to thicken, then blend in Dream Whip and vanilla.
- Turn into crust and sprinkle with pecan pieces, if used.
- Refrigerate or store in a cool cellar until ready to serve.