This was a DELICIOUS pie that I sampled recently at an Amish event. They had all the pies packaged in plastic clam-shells and neatly marked as to what flavor they were.
When I saw chocolate mocha, that got my interest up! I had not seen that particular flavor at any Amish gatherings in the past.
I asked an Amish woman about the pie and she was nice enough to give me her recipe, which she said came from her Uncle Abe's family. Enjoy!
Uncle Abe's Chocolate Mocha Pie
- 1 baked pie crust or graham cracker crust
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ c. milk
- ¼ c. cold water
- Broken pecans (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 tsp. instant coffee
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1 package Dream Whip
- Soften gelatin in cold water; set aside.
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, salt, coffee, and milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin water.
- Cool until starting to thicken, then blend in Dream Whip and vanilla.
- Turn into crust and sprinkle with pecan pieces, if used.
- Refrigerate or store in a cool cellar until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply