By Kevin Williams
This is a continuation of our "grab bag" series. This recipe comes to us from a Mrs. Roy Yoder who, I believe, is in the Colorado Amish settlement near Canon City. Zucchini brownie recipes are generally a dime a dozen but this sounds superb: moist, easy, flavorful with a dense frosting. Heaven!
The Colorado Amish settlement is on my "bucket list"....that is one place I cannot imagine making it to any time soon, but you never say never!:)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teapsoon salt
- 1 /2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1 /2 cup sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1 /2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup oil
- 1 /2 cup chopped walnuts (opitonal)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Mix ingredients until well-blended (may be thick)
- Pour into greased 9 X13 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- In a small saucepan bring to boil topping ingredients (except for chips) for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add chips.
- Spread over brownies as soon as they re out of the oven.