By Kevin Williams
This piece of cake, or piece of shortcake, recipe comes from a Mennonite woman in Virginia. Perfect recipe for strawberry season which has settled in in the eastern and midwestern United States.
RANDOM RECIPE: Easy Strawberry Shortcake
Serves: serves 6
- 2 cups flour
- 1 /2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- fresh strawberries
- Mix first five ingredients in a bowl until crumbly.
- Add egg and milk.
- Stir just enough to moisten crumb mixture.
- Spread in a butter 9" pie or cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crush strawberries and milk or whipped cream.
My favorite type of shortcake! Nothing spongy for me....