The Amish Cook: Strawberry Pie
A delicious spring treat!
Author: The Amish Cook
Recipe type: pie
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 /2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1 /2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 /4 cup sugar
- To 3 cups of whole berries add confections sugar and let stand 1 hour.
- Crush 1 cup berries and cook with water about 20 minutes. Sieve.
- Mix cornstarch with sugar and stir into berry juice. Cook until clear,stirring constantly.
- Fill cooled baked pie shell with 3 cups berries. Pour partially cooled sauce over berries. Refrigerate.Spoon whipped cream around the edge of pie before serving.
Thanks for the new print feature on the recipes. Love it.
Used to have to copy and paste, this is so much easier.
I'm guessing there's a typo with the amount of cornstarch in the recipe (1 1/1 Tbs)?