The Amish Cook: Strawberry Pie
A delicious spring treat!
Author: The Amish Cook
Recipe type: pie
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 /2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1 /2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 /4 cup sugar
- To 3 cups of whole berries add confections sugar and let stand 1 hour.
- Crush 1 cup berries and cook with water about 20 minutes. Sieve.
- Mix cornstarch with sugar and stir into berry juice. Cook until clear,stirring constantly.
- Fill cooled baked pie shell with 3 cups berries. Pour partially cooled sauce over berries. Refrigerate.Spoon whipped cream around the edge of pie before serving.