I thought with Easter coming up a recipe for an easy glaze for the traditional ham might be a good thing to post. This is from the Amish Cook archives, very simple to prepare:
Amish Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 (5-7 lb) Ham, fully cooked (bone in)
- 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon Prepared mustard
- 1-2 teaspoon Cider vinegar
- Score ham about half-inch deep with a sharp knife. Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 2 to 2-½ hours ( 20 minutes per lb). Combine brown sugar, mustard and enough vinegar to make a thick paste. During the last hour of baking, brush glaze on ham every 15 minutes. Yield: 10-14 servings.