By Kevin Williams
This recipe comes to me from the Chrisholm Amish Farmstead and it's perfect for spring. The Amish love salads like these, chock full of homegrown veggies. You can use store-bought, but if you are looking for a perfect spring salad with color and crunch, try this! The La Choy noodles is obviously a new, processed wrinkle to the recipe but these have actually become pretty popular in Amish communities. Amish bulk food stores often carry the noodles.
Chrisholm Recipe Series: Bunny Salad
- 1 bag finely shredded cabbage
- 1 bag of shredded carrots
- 1 package frozen defrosted peas, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 15 to 20 thin slices of quartered cucumber
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- La Choy noodles ( ¼ to ½ package)
- In a large glass bowl layer the first six ingredients. On top lay some La Choy noodles.
- Finally pour one bottle of creamy Italian dressing over top of vegetables. Do this immediately before serving. Don’t stir. Chill and serve.
Leave a Reply