By Kevin Williams
EASY PEACH DUMP CAKE: Dump cakes are popular among the Amish and why the heck not? They are easy, delicious, and feed a crowd, so when reader Penny sent this to me recently I salivated (and wished I had my passport current, because I’d head to her house in Canada with a fork to sample this!). Well, driving to Canada to have peach dump cake wouldn’t make much sense when it is so quick and fun to make on one’s own.
The recipe below is a classic dump. I’m not sure about the walnuts. I’ve been gradually becoming more of a nut fan as I get older (I like the crunch that it adds). Typically, I’d leave the nuts out but, geez, I don’t know, I may have finally reached a point in my life where the nuts stay in.
- 24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer ingredients in a 13 X 9 dish, in order starting with the peaches.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold… with or without ice cream.
And if you are not a fan of peach dump cake, try this EASY THREE INGREDIENT CHERRY DUMP CAKE
And, how about GLORIA’S PINEAPPLE-PECAN CHEAT CAKE (aka dump cake).?