Golden, Home-Baked Chicken Nuggets
By Kevin Williams
This recipe comes to me from an Old Order Mennonite woman in Dayton, Virginia. McDonalds, I realize, created the whole "chicken nugget" concept, but there have to be healthier ways to enjoy this ubiquitous food. This Mennontie cooks version looks easy and definitely healthier than McDonald's mystery meat.
- 4 deboned chicken breasts
- 1 /2 cup melted butter
- 1 /2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 /4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 /2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 /4 teaspoon basil
- 1 /4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 /4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Dip in butter and roll into crumbs.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 until golden.