Easiest Chocolate Caramel Cake Ever!
This cake goes by various names, but I think it should just be called "easiest chocolate caramel cake ever." Now, this is a weekend indulgence more than an Amish recipe. Although, I'll say it again, there are plenty of Amish cooks that do use some boxed cake mix in a pinch. More often than not, cakes will be scratch-made, but Dairy Queen ice cream cakes are popular among the Amish to celebrate birthdays and if you've got a housefull of kids and no time, a box cake or recipe that contains a boxed cake component will be used on occasion. Our friend Jessica made this particular cake. I have seen similar concoctions at Amish and Plain potlucks, they really are irresistible in a pinch!
- One box chocolate cake mix
- one can sweetened condensed milk
- one jar caramel topping
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping
- Baked chocolate cake as directed.
- Let cool then poke holes all over with the end of a wooden spoon or other utensil.
- Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk all over top of cake.
- Then pour one jar of caramel topping over cake.
- Spread whipped topping over that and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.