This time is a photo of fresh-from-the-oven rhubarb coffeecake. Rhubarb is starting to come up now so you’ll definitely want to try this delicious cake. A scoop of vanilla ice cream on the cake while it is still warm is a favorite way to eat it. Here is he recipe:
Serves: 1 coffeecake
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ cups chopped rhubarb
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- In another bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Spread into a greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.