This recipe comes to us from Holmes County, Ohio, sounds like a delicious Sunday morning breakfast!
Serves: 10-12 servings
- 1 loaf of bread, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 /2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Nut topping:
- 3 /4 cup butter
- 1 1 /3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 1 /3 cup chopped nuts
- Generously grease 9 X 13 pan.
- FIll pan with bread slices to within 1 /2 " of top.
- Blend together eggs,mi;k, half and half, vanilla and spices.
- Pour over bread, cover and refrigerate over night.
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside until time to bake toast.
- Heat topping till butter is melted, spread over bread.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes till puffed and golden.