By Kevin Williams
Ah, we are still in the maw of pumpkin season. Everything is flavored with pumpkin, from expressos and lattes to ice cream and pies.
But few things, in my opinion, are much better than old-fashioned pumpkin bread and some wonderful, frosted pumpkin cookies. The recipe below is a classic pumpkin cookie recipe given to me by an Amish lady in Pennsylvania. It's a very old recipe. And picture is of some pumpkin cookies given to me by a friend. Wow, they were good!
Amish Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup shortening or oleo
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening, sugar and pumpkin. Add rest of ingredients.
- * Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool and frost if desired.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply