This is a great, hearty Amish recipe. Caren from Indiana had asked for it because she said it's a favorite of her family's especially on cold winter evenings like this one. She was nice enough to email me photos. Here is the recipe so you can try it yourself.
Amish Sausage and Noodle Supper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium head cabbage (about a 1 1 /2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 1 /4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 /4 teaspoon salt
- 1 /2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh parsley
- In a large skillet brown the sausage over medium heat. Drain the grease. Least the sausage in the skillet and add the cabbage, onion, and carrots and mix well. Stir in the chicken stock. Cover and cook over medium to high heat until the vegetables are tender about 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the noodles.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet and stir in the sour cream, salt, and pepper. Heat thoroughly. Transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl, add the hot noodles and toss. Garnish with parsley if desired.
This does sound good and seems quite easy to fix also...have you or your wife made it yet Kevin ?
I am looking for an EASY CINNAMON ROLL RECIPE.....does anyone out there have one ? All that I see are way too complicated and take too much time to make.....I want something super easy.....
I can't guarantee the taste - but these sure look easy: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/philadelphia-indulgence-mini-cinnamon-138526.aspx
Try looking @ Mennonite Girls Can Cook Refrigerator Rolls this is the easiest recipe for making any kind of roll