This is a classic Amish recipe that comes to us from an Amish family in Indiana, enjoy! Fresh pork is available on most Amish homesteads from winter butchering so, as always, if you are making this at home and wish to replicate the recipe, use the freshest meat possible!
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 to 8 loin or rib pork chops, ¾" thick
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup hot water
- Place chops on a heavy cast-iron skillet.
- Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over chops.
- Bake uncovered at 375° F. for 1 hour.
- You can cut back on pepper and chili powder if you don't want them too hot and spicy